FA Vase: Avro 1-3 FC Isle of Man

Avro exited the FA Vase at the Second Qualifying Round after a 3-1 defeat to FC Isle of Man.

The video below contains some of the thoughts of the opposition who will obviously be delighted with the result and performance.

The game was fairly even in the first 10 minutes, as both sides went for it.

 it was Isle of Man who struck first, when Jack McVery rose above everyone else at a corner and headed home a good effort after just 11 minutes.

Avro responded quickly, as Joe Rathbone ran down the right, drove a ball into the box and saw the Isle of Man put it into his own goal.

But the Isle of Man weren’t put off by their own goal, and pushed to take the lead again, and they did in the 26th minute when, following a lovely passing move outside the box, they gave it to Dan Simpson who ran into the box and slotted it past Latham.

Avro tried to get a second equaliser during the remainder of the first half, but they just couldn’t.

The best chance was started by Bailey Sloane who switched it to Joe Rathbone on the right who was in acres of space, he flicked it up and hit it on the volley but saw it just go wide.

European Super Football blog: More non league news from around England

Half-time: Avro 1-2 FC Isle of Man

Sloane nearly scored an equaliser for Avro when he found himself in the box after going past a few Isle of Man men, just to see his shot hit the sidenetting.

Isle of Man doubled their lead with a goal from Sean Doyle that was almost a carbon copy of their first.

Avro then made a triple substitution, with Danny Byrnes, Michael Afuye and Martin Pilkington coming on.

Avro pushed to try and get back into the game, but found it tough against a resilient Isle of Man side.

Potts troubled the keeper with a number of shots from inside the box, but none found the back of the net.

Kai Haigh was then sent off with 10 minutes to go for a foul on an Isle of Man player. The end of a bad day for Avro and they will be hoping to get back to winning ways as soon as possible.