Tom Heaton Returns To Old Trafford

Manchester United have announced the signing of Tom Heaton

It marks a return to Old Trafford for the 35-year-old, who spent 13 years at United in his younger days. He has won three caps for his country.

Heaton also had permanent spells with Cardiff City, Bristol City, Burnley and most recently Aston Villa.

Tom Heaton told the Manchester United website: "For me to have the opportunity to come back after spending 13 great years here as a kid, it’s an incredible feeling and I’m really, really excited to get started.

“I’m just seeing it as a fantastic opportunity as I still feel I’ve got an awful lot to give and I’ve got the bit between my teeth.

“I’m looking forward to hitting the ground running. I feel in great shape and I’m looking forward to coming in to compete with the other goalkeepers."

More football news from News Ball UK

During a professional career across many clubs, Heaton has made 377 appearances. Throughout his time as a youngster at Old Trafford, he picked up a Youth Cup Winners medal after appearing on the bench in the final.

More Manchester United news

Comments